Friday, October 10, 2014

Down Time

So tired after the Dingle Day. The weather is giving me a reprieve. Well, actually if I hadn’t slept in we likely could have made it somewhere today since the showers were intermittent… but OY! I’m knackered. 
 The forecast for tomorrow is an actual “gale” and it seems we might not be going out at all… and I’m not heartbroken. We have gone and gone and although have had “lighter” days.. it has mostly been going going. It is catching up with me a bit. 

I call it a maintenance day. Catching up with the basics. Washing clothes, a decent shower where you shave your legs and everything, stock up groceries, actually hook up to the internet. Gather your crap together. Take a nap?

We DID go to a stone circle that was only a few kilometers from Castletownbere today (in an attempt to not have it all maintenance) … also had a nice visit with Sheila, the local manager of the property we are renting. She came over after R called her because a lightening bolt had flipped a breaker in our house. This must happen fairly regularly because she knew exactly which breaker went out and said hers had flipped too. 


Now there is time to watch more British tellie which seems to be loaded with a variety of incomprehensible game shows where dart champions are considered celebrities and prizes are usually a trip to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment