Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weasels... or I suppose here a stoat


Out of Credit?  Out of Credit?  But we just started using the magic wireless modem/router hotspot last night, and Gary, the slightly grumpy ginger at the phone store assured us that the pricey 4G would last us two weeks. I even asked him if it would be a problem synching my Mac devices with lots of pictures and he assured me “no problems”.  First let me say… Ginger Gary is a weasel.  I realized the next morning when we had the “out of credit” message that the photo synching must use a ton of data  (I KNOW Aspen… I should know)  But really… I was specific.. I asked Jerry if it worked that way. (Because I naively thought synching worked differently than downloading or streaming) and Gary l blithely said “yah yah.. no problems, it’ll be fine”  
No apologies when we came in the next day, and I didn’t expect any as he isn’t the sort. We grumpily bought 2G and were only going to text, email and browse… should be fine. 

12 hours later…. “out of credit”.  Seriously?  I made sure none of my devices were even ON at the same time and had synching turned off anyway. I sent a handful of texts, some emails and we looked at maybe 5 webpages. “Out of Credit” my eye!  Weasel. 

R wants to give Gary an earful. I know it will be fruitless, other than to possibly vent a little and take a part of our day. So… I write this now with little idea of when it will actually be posted. Maybe the middle of October when I’m back in the states?


Watch out Gary… you don’t want to be on the bad side of R… he has no idea what is coming. 

1 comment:

  1. That grumpy ginger clearly has no idea how his magical devices work. Also, it doesn't sound like he really gave you 2GB that second time. Unless those websites were visited on your computer and had a whole ton of photos and/or animation. On behalf of the Worldwide Ginger Association, I apologize for him. ;)

    ReplyDelete