The forecast has only one day with possible sunshine listed for the entire coming week. It is Saturday and we’d better use it. Although the miles are short… the drive is LONG. Just like Wales. (only you can see more over the hedges here) We drove down the Mizen peninsula to Mizen Head Lighthouse and a stunning view of coast I had seen in pictures and wanted to see in person. It did not disappoint other than we had to confront a bunch of stairs. (we know what that means)
Worth every creak and groan. The wind was whipping like I haven’t experienced since an Idaho winter, but again.. worth the view.
Then on to drive the next door Sheeps head Peninsula, a portion of which is called the goats way. Since pull outs and viewpoints are rare everywhere here, poor R gets stuck with being the sidekick photographer, often while the car is still moving as slowly as I can get away with. Many of the shots we have are from her valiant efforts, and I am grateful. This day was particularly heavy with the need for her services, as time and pullouts were both scarce. The first 5 pictures here are all from Berts efforts either out the window while driving, or paused just long enough to snap out the window.
















No comments:
Post a Comment